Cathy works in a sensitive painterly fashion, allowing the flow of pigment and brush to evoke a mood and transcend photographic realism. She captures the essence of the subject and creates a certain warmth between the viewer and the painted image.
Born in Syracuse, New York, Cathy now resides in Richfield, Ohio. She received a B.S. in education from the State University of New York at Cortland.
Since 1978 Cathy has been teaching watercolor. She was on the faculty of Continuing Education at the Cleveland Institute of Art and has taught workshops nationally and internationally, including workshops on Lake Como, Italy.
Cathy's work has been featured in galleries in New York, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts and Ohio. Her work hangs in hundreds of private and corporate collections both here and abroad.
- Summa Health Systems
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- Gen Corp
- Timken Corp
- Childrens Hospital of Akron
- Akron Beacon Journal
- Numa LTD
- Member & former treasurer of Ohio Watercolor Society
- Member and former President of Hudson Society of Artist
- Lifetime member Whiskey Painters of America
- Signature Member American Watercolor Society
- Butler Inst. of Art (midyear show)
- Ohio Watercolor Society
- Midwest Watercolor Society Annual
- American Watercolor Society International Exhibition